Monday, February 21, 2005

The aliens decided to kidnap Elvis because they felt sorry for us.

So like, I was thinking about AI again and it occurred to me just how depressing that movie really is. Son gets sick. Parents get a robot as a replacement. Make the robot love the mother. Abandon the robot in the woods when the son gets better. That scene in the woods was the most painful one I've seen. Would stab at the heart of anyone. Made me want to blubber like a baby. Then the humans go about mutilating mechas for their amusement. And David never finds happiness. That third part of the movie with the fulfillment of his dreams crap was just an excuse to show off some killer effects. The music was disappointing. The screenplay was disappointing. The only good thing about that movie were the fx. You would think Spielberg and Stanley Kubrick would do better.

It has made me want to dig out and put on my creative hat and combat this boredom in a more productive way.

I could do with a salami sammich. With mustard. Or grilled sausages with tomatoes. Oo. I could do me some sausages.

No comments: