Thursday, February 24, 2005

I am Jack's deepening sense of despair.

Fight Club. WOT THE BLOODY HELL?!?!?!?!

I want my money back. Wot were they smoking when they made that movie!?!? I feel cheated. I wasn't expecting something so painful. Now I'm depressed.

Although, some things about that movie make perfect sense.

"This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time."

"At the time, my life just seemed too complete, and maybe we have to break everything to make something better out of ourselves."

"For thousands of years, human beings had screwed up and trashed and crapped on this planet, and now history expected me to clean up after everyone. I have to wash out and flatten my soup cans. And account for every drop of used motor oil. And I have to foot the bill for nuclear waste and buried gasoline tanks and landfilled toxic sludge dumped a generation before I was born."

"You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile."

"When you have insomnia, you're never really asleep, and you're never really awake."

"How much can you know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?"

The acting was phenomenal. The screenplay was surprising fertile. The story is incredible. Pure shock-value. I need a drink.

Why does this movie remind me of late night conversations with the East Siders? Sitting around a dining table, drinking wine, smoking cigarettes, talking bull. Damn, I miss those days.

No comments: