Monday, April 04, 2005

Here I go again on my own

Remember back when the Hyatt Regency Hotel was tops with its ice rink and Galleria shopping? Looks very sandy now. The thing about Old Dubai (as it's now called) is that sooner or later, all the buildings start to blend into the desert. The Hyatt looks lonely. I'd go there just to take a peek for old times' sake but I think those are memories best not refreshed.

Oo, Deira bazaar. So very much want to buy a compass box from Al Fahidi Stationery *grin*.

Al Baniyas Square. Shawarmas not as good as Karama's. Old AHK offices. I was once a secretary and marketing manager there.

Yes, I realize that all this random rambling makes for long boring posts and is completely irrelevant to absolutely anything but this is my blog and I'll write wot I please thank you very much. Besides, I'm in traffic and didn't bring a book to read.

But Wolfie, you say, why not exercise editing privileges when you actually post in the evening? Well now, I say, if I went about editing posts willy-nilly where would we be? Not spending hours reading your drivel, you say. Go wash your face, I say. Let's not get personal, you say. You'll read it and like it, I say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol, who has not bought a compass box from Al Fahidi has not been a true IHS geek in white canvas shoes and navy blue sweater.