Saturday, June 11, 2005

Damn you, blogger!

I did have a nice long post about Thursday's power cut and other interesting tidbits but blogger ate it all and belched up an error. I think it's time to look for another host. Or even better, a website. Now if I could only find free hosting.

Read the history about Indians in the US.

Random Name Generator. Very helpful when coming up with usability scenarios *heh*.

Digital Immortality. Download the mind by 2050. How's that for a legacy. We better come up with kick-ass data warehousing systems by then. Wait.. will I live that long?! Crikey, I'll be 72! Better start getting healthy.. t'would be a pity to die just when things are getting interesting.

And while we're on the subject, can I just tell the wonderful people at Yahoo! that they're doing a beautiful job. No really, hats off to you. You've come a long way.

Speaking of doing wonderful jobs - I've sent in yet another complaint to Etisalat to unblock this blog and some other perfectly harmless ones. Yes, it's true, my blog is blocked. Every other week. So I can post but I can't see wot I'm posting to. Let's see how long this takes. Remind me to sacrifice a goat or three.

Went to see Bunty aur Babli with the parents and misc uncles and aunties yesterday. Don't waste your time. Ne'er was a Hindi movie so long. And so random. But it was nice to see Abhishekh Bachchan again. All shaved shooved and all. Lookin' slick. Too many bad jokes referring to AB and his papa in that movie. Plus one random Aishwarya Rai song. Which, quite frankly, made no sense. And not for lack of listening either. I was on the edge of my seat, cupping my ears, trying to make sense of it all. Alas, I failed.

On another note, why is it that the smelly Pathani population in Dubai has increased astronomically? Or were there always so many sitting on the steps of the Plaza and I just didn't notice?

Spent all of today doing laundry and associated tasks. Got tired of living out of messy suitcase (no, I never fully unpack). You'd be surprised how many clothes 3 people can go through in a couple of weeks. Have finally unpacked suitcase and managed to squeeze everything Dubai-wearable into one shelf (yes, that's all the room there is for my stuff) but yet cannot find vital items such as graduation gift gold etched Mozee business card holder and degree. Very maddening. However have located pretty silver sandals which shall be worn in the subsequent week.

And I'll tell you why I've been doing laundry. I miss him that's why. I didn't for so long and then he popped up on my screen and said 'Hi'. That one little word drove me to such sadness that it was clean all the damn cupboards or sit in a corner and weep myself silly. I have a very tidy shelf and 3 loads of laundry nicely ironed and folded. And unfortunately Adil Ray was playing Ranjha (again) and the word 'yaara' stuck in my head and I got all teary-eyed and tripped over a pile of banyaans and fell and skinned my knees on the carpet.

Bet you can't remember the last time you had carpet burn *grin*.

Oh damn. Here I go again. :(

1 comment:

13 said...

You should try livejournal if blogger is giving you trouble.
Did you know that Etisalat pays a US company $2 a month per user for the blocking service? So Etisalat has no idea of what they are blocking.