Thursday, June 09, 2005

Maafi AC!

So like the power went out in all of Dubai today. From about 9:30 am to 3:30 pm. Which is a huge thing. Power going out in the US - no big deal. No power in Dubai - very big deal. Did I mention I work in Emirates Towers on the 16th floor? But no, there was an emergency lift working. And strangely the electronic security entrances and exits. So after being sneered at by A. Pinto (the tech lead that knows it all) for inquiring about UPS systems and watching the production team goof off for about 40 minutes and working till my laptop battery died, I went off with Pops (who, btw, doesn't like to be called Pops, so you better cut it out). The rest of them looked cosy at T-Junction (cafe in the building) along with the rest of the staff (plus half the people from the agency upstairs) but I didn't stick around 'cuz they don't like me much at work (boo hiss boo). We, Pops and I, went to the Dubai Marine Sales Centre to register for the launch of a new development out on the marina. 50 apartments hovering over the ocean. Very cool, but only one swimming pool for 2 buildings. And then we came home. To eat food that would otherwise be spoiling. And he made a fuss about climbing up 3 flights. Then we played cards with Mum and he kicked our butts like he always does. Then the power came back and I rushed to Speedy Zippy. And now I'm here with you. Oh, and I took pictures today.

4 comments:

Paresh said...

You're not liked at work? Go figure, you actually make these people work and you won't sleep with any of them - male or female - that can be a bone of contention with these folk.

Wolfe said...

Dude! *biznitchin* Don't say things like that. A. Pinto would prolly scrub himself with carbolic soap and drink mouthwash if he read this. (note to self: must somehow not let A.P. find this blog)

Besides, they don't like me 'cuz they're not nice. *pout* 'Sok. I have the internet. I don't need friends. *crawling under desk with blankie*

Paresh said...

oh make up your mind, two posts ago you were all like you lurrrve us and now you don't need friends... woman, how many times have I told you, the tampon's for the monthly thing not for sopping your soupy brains up!

Wolfe said...

Bloody hell! Mere hi blog pe mere pe hamla!

Besides, you ARE the internet.