Friday, June 17, 2005

Mo money, mo music, is all I need

You know wot I'd really like for my birthday? An overnight stay out in the desert. Complete with tent and sleeping bag and basket of sammiches. Problem is, I don't know anybody to go with. I guess I could go by myself (which, under normal circumstances, I would) but the parents would freak out and think I've been taking drugs again or something. So this whole birthday thing has got me a little blue. But that's ok, because it'll be back next year, right?

And I've figured it out. I don't so much want to date tall Punjabi men as much as I want to BE them. You watch the Dhol Foundation live at WOMAD and tell me you don't.

The entire day was spent in mind-numbing boredom. I can just feel my youth passing me by. One day, when I'm 60, I'll look back at this and want to kick myself. I mean, people are going camping in the Canadian Rockies as we speak! (Who? Never you mind who. My new friend in San Jose is who). This bites.

S'posed to go to Delhi at the end of the month for Deep's wedding but having second thoughts now. Will be bored stiff and prolly get a stomach upset and numerous mosquito bites. But hey, not like exciting things are happening here.

I'm going to go work on this new template now and try not to check work email.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday sweetheart. Am writing this from callroom, hope you had a good day! Sorry couldn't call today.
Love yoo, you are the bestest FEGG there is out there.

Paresh said...

FEGG? WHATS A FEGG?? NO INSIDE JOKES ALLOWED!!!

Anonymous said...

FEGG = fish eating gorgonzolic gargoyle
:))

Paresh said...

Aila....

Anonymous said...

you do realise that "challa II" and "desi rock" are by SWAMI? not lehmber, he is simply the vocalist. check out swami's site www.swamimusic.com

Wolfe said...

I do, I do indeed. However, it's Lehmber's voice that drags me to these tracks and they are credited to him as well. So mebbe it should say Swami feat. Lehmber.