Friday, July 01, 2005

Sarkar

Amitabh and Abhishek BachchanWent to see a movie tonight with Mum and Dad. Who spent most of the time discussing the movie. In the theatre. While it was going on. Too funny. "Khoon isni ne kiya hai", "abh ye isko maarega". Too funny.

It was a good movie. Very Very Well Made. Three thumbs up. Brilliant direction. The acting was superb. Big B is a phenomenon. And when Little B does that little girly run towards the camera, I just want to swoon. Yes, it's official. I'm a groupie. Putting Amitabh and Abhishek Bachchan in the same frame - now, by God, that's pure genius. Don't be fooled by the crap in Bunty aur Babli. Those two have an incredible chemistry. Maybe it just needed the right director to get the magic onto the screen. And those voices. You thought Amitabh Bachchan's baritone was to die for, wait till you hear Abhishek's. Hoohah.

Katrina Kaif screams 'I'm a waif, look at my super pink glossy lips'. Everybody in this movie is very ugly. KK Menon did a brilliant job. I loved it. I don't know if it was meant to be reflective of true incidents but it was extremely well made. And to think it only took 40 days.

But the absolute best part about this movie is the cinematography. The photography was sheer brilliance. We're not talking light and shadows and smoke for effect here. We're talking angles and perspectives and the zooming into peoples' eyes bit. Admittedly the cameraman was a little too fond of the actors' pores but still. I'll give it full 5 stars. You simply must see this movie on the big screen. This isn't a I'll-wait-for-Zee-to-air-it types. This one is meant to be seen with full Dolby surround sound. The parents arguing over who killed whom is just an extra perk.

Then we walked back home. Over the walkbridge that they built over the park. The park where Adi and I used to take long walks. Back and forth. Up the little hill and down again. Damn but we walked a lot in that park. And that 'gangway' kid. Who's name I've forgotten. He used to scream 'gangway!' as he came charging at us on his bike. It had cherry blossoms all over, this park. Now it's a freeway underpass and an overbridge. Good picture spot on top of the bridge. Maybe I'll remember to take my camera next time.

Damn cough won't go away.

No comments: