Thursday, August 25, 2005

"Don't mess with the head space, yo!"

So like Fujairah was so much fun that I totally forgot about you. I'll post pictures just as soon as I edit the videos. We got there (using Wolfie and her boss's nifty shortcut) in an hour and a half in boss's (the angry Irishman) Durango. Hoo mama, that car is sw-eet! Coldplay and Keane ruled the airwaves and Wolfie was one happy chick 'cuz she was finally returning to the desert.

Checked in to Sandy Bea-ch Hotel (which was such a dive), stripped down to skimpy nothings, lolled about on the beach, drank 2 beers (!), rolled over and promptly dived into the ocean. Swam upto Snoopy Island (I'll dig up a picture) and back, buried A.P. in the sand which was rather pointless since he insisted on breathing and shifting the sand on my efforts and leaped back into the sea again. Pretty much stayed there till dinner time which was A.P. madly fanning a dying BBQ with a snorkle flipper (too funny) and self hyperventilating about salmonella and other hideous diseases. Ate a par-grilled burger (rare meat anyone?) and jumped back into the ocean because didn't want to play complicated drinking card game with the rest (actually, I sat there for a good 5 minutes but couldn't understand most of it so I figured I was happily drunk enough). Did manage to beat A.P. at a ridiculously simple game of rummy (bless him) at which point he stormed off and popped off to bed, the party-pooper. A few hours of floating about on the waves being chewed by sea-lice, carried by Unnibeans, chased by Arv going "Hello, Mr. Andersen" every 5 minutes and off we went from the ocean to the pool. Which wasn't much fun but I did get some laps in. Another shower, more booze and a lot more lying about under the stars on the lovely beach and I was ready for bed. Would've slept under the stars if it wasn't for annoying chaps who just wouldn't stop talking. Stupid boys.

Woke up at the crack of dawn the next day and went for a long swim around Snoopy Island with a turtle who I affectionately named Moxy. The sea was relatively calm but I did get swept into some rocks and bruised one shoulder. Staggered into a ridiculously bad and over-priced breakfast and jumped back into the ocean. You starting to get the theme of this trip? Started to build a VERY sad sand-castle with Freelancer4 and A.P. and gave up. Started to light a fire in the BBQ with A.P. and gave up. No, not light the fire WITH A.P. although he would prolly burn better than kindling, rusky fellow.

Strolled into a very elaborate and a very lovely lunch buffet at the Meridian Resort next door and drove back to Dubai.

I am so horribly sunburnt that wearing clothes is a big problem. I am also very dark. Much like the ragamuffin I am. I was looking at my passport picture and reminiscing about the good ole' days of luminescent skin. Oh well. C'est la vie.

Rest of the week was spent madly handing over projects to the inimitable A.P. (Ally was right, maybe I should take him to Boston with me as my bitch *giggle*). Had a farwell dinner with the chaps at Nando's yesterday where they have these brilliant chilly sauces. Went out with the maddest of the lot last night for drinks. Started at the Agency and wound up at Harry Gatto's karaoke bar.

The madness and mayhem that ensued thereafter is too volatile to commit to words. Suffice to say that Filipino waitresses were felt up, Account Managers were set afire, self was swept off her feet (twice), clients were drunk, Art Directors were forcefully excellent dancers and the boss made rude gestures with a microphone. I did the tango with Arv and the salsa with Sully. The rest of it can't be described as dancing - it was jiggling with Unnibeans, hugging Rash and jumping up and down and at some point I think I was in a sandwich between Sully and Summer (which is a very *ahem* concept). There was also these two Arab chaps in dishdashas singing "Let me be your hero babee" albeit not to each other and one chap next to me kept thrusting a shot glass with something foul in it under my nose. Not to mention that everytime I went to the loo, I had a chaperone who was sometimes male. And Ant was doing some strange tai-chi exercises combined with a lot of air-guitaring.

Don't ask. If this was anywhere else but in Dubai, we would have so been kicked out of there.

We also sang abysmally bad songs. Badly. But a wonderful time was had by all. I sneaked out at 2 am because I got the Dad guilt trip which I now regret because apparently the party shifted to Summer's castle. By far THE most fun I've had.

Last day at work today. Prolly going to leave soon. Have loads to do.

No comments: