Sunday, August 28, 2005

So I've left Dubai.

At least for the moment. Rather uneventful flight. Prolly 'cuz I slept through most of it. What is it about clouds that make them look like cotton candy? Here's a tip - don't watch Constantine and then pop off to sleep on a plane and wake up to lovely clouds and sunrises. Freaks you out it does. I swear I seen an angel. Horrible food they serve on flights. Although I'll bet it was better in business class. British Airways does do a good business class with the nifty personal sleeping area and the hot breakfast and the proper cups and not those sad plastic ones that dent if you squeeze them too hard thereby spilling your tomato juice all over your lap. Then when you get off the plane, they pop you in a bus and drive you around for about 10 minutes, towards the end of which you're left wondering if they're taking you to Gatwick instead of Terminal 3 (countless times I've transisted via Heathrow and it still baffles me) and then you have to get off the bus and walk up narrow stairs (and they never tell you how many flights) and then go around and around until you get through security and get into the departure lounge which looks suspiciously like the one you passed right when you got off the plane back at arrivals.

Remind me to dig up my OneWorld Gold card.

There's a very confused woman staring at the "It's a phone too!" sign by the internet kiosk. I'm surrounded by hotspottedness. Alas, in true British style, I have to pay for it. Which I will do so shortly to post this post. After which I will wander over to the Virgin Megastore and scope some tunes. I'm surrounded by shops and screaming children and, bless, there's a Starbucks. Hey, if I'm going to be a true preppie, I better start acting like one. One venti caramel macchiato with soy milk and extra foam coming up. There's a Boots with a GBP 5 (I don't have the pound sign on my laptop - it's a Dell - a product of true-bleu American capitalism, thank you very much) skincare voucher, a Harrods with some nifty purple purses, a World of Whiskies (where you can buy 2 and save 10 pounds) and a Glorious Britain where I think I will purchase a very red white and blue sombrero. Because, you know, there's nothing more gloriously British than a somebrero.

I miss the Googster. She would be fun to be in Heathrow with.

Stupid screaming children won't shut up.

No comments: