Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Eid Mubarak

So like we're making kurtis. Yes, from scratch. From like cloth and all. Pops and me. Well, mostly me. 'Cuz pops got all these thaans of very hideous cotton. And Banwari (the chap who cleans) got all excited and fixed the long-forgotten sewing machine and sewed a new quilt cover for Pops. It's a Spiderman print. Very exciting.

So Pops and I went shopping for suits for me all the way to Sharjah and back and didn't find a single one. So then we went to Union Co-op to get those fruit soaps he likes (24) and a rotisserie chicken and lots of tabouleh and Syrian pickles after which we cut cloth all sorts of ways and I sewed. It was fun. And turned out crap. But mostly fun.

Then we saw Page 3. Good movie. Bit long drawn but good.

Spending lots of time at the Kataria's. Went to the Gold Souk yesterday to shop for Anisha's birthday present - hideous long diamond earrings. Because you know, every 13 year old wants diamond earrings for her birthday. And we also looked at rings for Black Cobra's hubby-to-be. They were all quite ugly. We didn't buy any.

Saw Page 3 again at Kataria's. Now off there again for Eid. Apparently there's been a lamb cooking. I made sponge cake. Turned out quite nice.

I miss Black Cobra. She used to like my cakes. I hadn't baked in ages. Now she'll go marry some squirt and there will be nobody to bake cakes for. Very depressing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you too fegg.

"...after which we cut cloth all sorts of ways and I sewed. It was fun. And turned out crap. But mostly fun."

Now I really miss you guys. And your marble cake. And chocolate. Depressing. Come back soon fegg. Love you, madness beckons :)

Tee said...

I want Marble cake too Fishy.

Anonymous said...

let's get married.

Paresh said...

Statistic.. that's what you are...

Wolfe said...

How am I a statistic if dumb people want to marry me?!

Paresh said...

cos you dont update your blog woman.

Wolfe said...

That's 'cuz I'm back at grad school and it has resume sucking the life out of me and reducing me to a snivelling ball of unfunness.