Monday, April 03, 2006

Vitamin water. Essential

Good morning!

Lovely day out there. Spent the entire weekend thinking about how much work I have to take care of but not doing an ounce of it. In fact, except for reading for today's class, I did nothing. Well I played Scrabble with Em at Brighton Cafe for our Saturday morning breakfasts but that's about it.

Sat in on the Technology Entrepreneurship Forum Friday night. Had a tray of whipped cream mousses thrown at me by a twitchy server. The dining department here at GSM does us proud sometimes with the perfect crispiness of their asparagus but they have very wound up servers. Must be all that collective knowledge in the room. Drives them batty. I know it drives me batty.

Baby FaridaWent to the 1st Annual International Tech Strategy Business Case Competition dinner banquet (phew) on Saturday. Missed the actual case presentations but hobnobbled with IIM (Calcutta) folks at dinner who collectively said that I a)looked like a very young and pretty Farida Jalal, b)did not look Indian but could pass off as royalty and c)should be in theatre because of my expressive face. I collectively told them to fok off and quizzed them relentlessly about the b-school practices at IIM and proved, over a lovely meal of salmon, steak and more asparagus topped up with copious amounts of red wine, a mint sorbet and a fruit tart, that BU is better than IIM. Hah.

It is you know.

Pops called to tell me that some chap from some IIM got a job somewhere which pays over 10,000 pounds a month and then asked me how much I would get paid after I graduate (for the 14th time) and then asked why I wasn't getting paid as much as that Advani chap (for the 6th time) and then didn't listen when I tried to explain to him the differences between marketing and strategy folks and finance folks so I told him to go to bed.

Then went to International Night at Embassy and Modern and was bored so left at 12:30 am to come home and put in an application for structural second slab checking (which was passed, if you must know).

Went to Espresso Royale to read my NTT DoCoMo case for today and got the inside scoop on secret HBS parties from Rao. Apparently there are no orgies. The rumors are untrue. There isn't any dancing on sofas either.

Locked out of work this morning so went around the corner for a Glaceau and a chocolate croissant. Breakfast puts a whole new perspective on things, I tell you.

Psychotic bitch housemate Nicole has hidden/stolen/eaten/baked/thrown all the dish scrubby sponges for some strange inexplicable reason. Had to scrub my pots and pans with the emergency wire mesh. Blast that woman, can't wait for her to leave. So desperately want a studio of my own. People are just nasty to live with. This is why I shall never get married. I hate roommates.

Aha, I espy Basil. I shall follow him into office. Damn. Monthly reports are due.

No comments: