Wednesday, June 14, 2006

ثقب is the word of the day

Hello darlings, sorry I haven't written in ages. I had only just gotten over Spring term when the rains came in. DelicateRed came to visit from M'ke and we had lots of fun traipsing around town in our boots and raincoats visiting museums and the like and then when she left summer intensives started and then it was three weeks of IT geekiness with systems architecture and telecom and networking and then just one short weekend and it was back to work.

Yes, you heard me. Work. As in the paying kind. Got me an internship for the summer didn't I. Working for the Hive to deliver a technology platform for the Arab Strategic Forum 2006 in Dubai dontcha know. Fun times my friends. Fun times.

But it is that time of year again and so I give you, once again, Garfield in all his awesome wonder -


So like, the Hive is an interesting place. Very much like Spin Group. President looks like a mild-mannered Vin Diesel and is very much like the Wong. Maybe all small business web services company owners are the same. Also, I hate cubicles. Granted mine is a large open one but still. It's a stupid idea. Although it is nice to be able to stick things up on the walls.

I also cannot sit still for 8 hours a day at a desk. It's too much to ask a girl to stay put. I treated myself to lunch out every day last week (in sheer glee of getting paid) (rather preemptively since I haven't been paid yet). Souper Salad makes a brilliant salad. Or soup. Whichever you're in the mood for. But soon, I shall Ramen Noodle for lunch. You know, the complicated kind. Like a stir-fry with beans.

Aaaaaand now I'm hungry.

Back to work. Have to figure out how to search Arabic text in an Oracle database. Do you know how?

P.S. Do you like my little joke with the ثقب ? You know, as in, it is hard to translated from English to Arabic literally. Get it? Get it?

No comments: