Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I can't sleep

I tried. I did go to bed. Comfy large bed with lots of pillows and satin sheets and soft blankets. I could lie in bed all day. All night if necessary. But I can't sleep. You came back, didn't you? You left for a while in the middle there but I think you came back. But only briefly. Just one time. Now you're gone again. 10 bucks says you're a travelling salesman. Maybe you have a little baby girl who won't let you visit other people very often. Still, I think it's terribly irresponsible of you not to visit often. You know I can't sleep sometimes. The tricky thing about not being able to sleep is the boredom. Oh sure one could always read an improving book (which is more likely to put one to sleep anyway) but improving books are more often than not very large and heavy paperbacks and one does get tired of holding it up for hours. I should get me one of those in-bed-page-turning-book-holders-with-light. Like they used to have in those black and white commercials along with the beach-sandwich-anti-fly-fanner-holder thingys. There's nothing on the tele either. Quite frankly, even if there was I don't think I'd want to watch. Alls I want to do is lie in bed and talk to you. But you're out travelling and selling or something. Maybe you're asleep. That's always a possibility. But you always used to be awake at 4 am. You've let me down you have. I'm quite disappointed in you. I didn't even get my flowers in February. Tch. Terrible. Your credibility is now shot to hell, I'll have you know. But I think you've done this before, haven't you? I vaguely remember you popped in one day and then left for months. Maybe you're doing it again. I don't know why. I think it's quite mean to pop in and out like that. You know I can't sleep. Did I ever tell you about my alarm that goes off at 4 am? So like, somewhere in the depths of my walk-in closet, I must have something with an alarm in it. What this thing is, I have no recollection. So anyway, this alarm thing is set for 4 am. And it goes off at 4 am. Every night. Which is always a bit hit with visitors bunking on the spare mattress who always want to know why I don't hunt the damn thing down and shut it off. I don't want to, you see. It's nice to have a beep or twelve at 4 am for no reason. Gives me something to talk about. More importantly, I can't find it. I've looked, I have! I don't know wot the damn thing is much less where it's kept. It just went off a while ago. I felt sad because I didn't have anybody to talk to about it. Oh look, the Dubai people are online. I guess they'll have to do. I shall go ramble on to them about my alarm clock that goes of at 4 am. They'll forgive me for it. They know I can't sleep.

1 comment:

Paresh said...

ok.. see now I worry about you.