Thursday, May 31, 2007

The eagle has landed. The fat man walks alone.

Here's a tip - when faced with a parent, much like my Pops, aiming a leather cleaner bottle nozzle at you to want you to see why it won't squirt, don't stand directly in front of said nozzle with mouth open. Leather cleaner tastes terrible.

Can I just also say, I love American Airlines/Eagle. They're the most helpful people in the business. Open gates for you and all that even when its 10 minutes to takeoff and you show up with two bags to check in. Wonderful wonderful people.

With all the flights I barely make it to, you would think I would leave home earlier to get to the airport. I have, however, never missed a flight yet. Still, shouldn't push my luck I suppose.

Driver's license that was lost has now surfaced magically in Dubai tucked happily away inside Pops' passport. I don't know why. Poor Pops is back home now and sounds plaintively lonely. This trip is all about auctioning off the stamp collection so that should be fun father-daughter bonding experience. Yes, we're both geeks.

Back in Boston now. Leave for Dubai tomorrow for about a month. Got some chores to take care of this afternoon but then I'm pretty much free until tomorrow evening. A little disoriented from the travels but that will change about the 3rd day in Dubai.

Anybody want anything from home?

2 comments:

Lippy said...

Surprise me...just no leather cleaner, ok?

Wolfe said...

Sand. I'll get you some good ole desert sand. That ought to lift your spirits.