Friday, August 24, 2007

Belko goes home!

So like, three cities in one week. Very nice. I'm tired.

Lots of packing up house to do this weekend. In fact, ALL the packing up house to do this weekend for big impending move to Cambridge. Took ages to get out of Atlanta yesterday wot with traffic and freak thunderstorms. Didn't get to NYC until 1 am which took care of aspirations to eat fine Japanese food for supper on 3rd Ave.

Can I just say - you know those little air nozzles on planes above your head? I really hate those. They have this annoying way of blowing air in your direction even when they're not pointed at you. And why the hell don't airlines carry enough blankets for everyone?! I swear, American Airlines has a total average of 5.3 blankets in their entire US fleet. I shall take to travelling with cardigan and shawl like old rickety person.

The Chrysler building is nice but rather small on the inside. Also, something is very odd with these windows because I'm on the 30+ floor and I can still hear traffic and honking and sirens. There's a constant din in this city which makes it much like Mumbai and therefore, if you ask me, overrated.

Sadly, I have to leave for the airport soon for my flight to Boston and this weekend jaunt in NYC had to be cancelled due to mad last minute packing up of house so no Blue Room for me. Perhaps next time.

Can't wait to get home.

In other news, sprained ankle is doing well and healing nicely but twinges of pain in heel still remain. Watch this space for accounts of how I'm going to become the first bionic woman.

1 comment:

Lippy said...

NY City is my birthplace, but I so do know what you mean about the constant din. You need to get back there soon and have more time for the restaurants and clubs that more than make up for that din.