Sunday, March 16, 2008

If I was paranoid, I would see a link between these two news stories

First I read this one...

February 04, 2008
Good Health Is Bad for Business
When Consumers Don't Sneeze, K-C and Other Tissue, Medicine Manufacturers Catch Cold (Sales)
After years of media worry over the threat of avian flu or some other long-overdue flu pandemic, a few marketers are facing a difficult reality: This isn't shaping up to be the year of the big bug or even of many little ones.

Then I read this one...
March 13, 2008
A flu warning from the ER
"As an emergency physician and chief of the emergency department at Tufts Medical Center, I don't need news stories to know that this year's flu season is turning into a bad one; all I have to do is look around my hospital's emergency department and talk with my colleagues to see that many are overloaded with seriously ill flu patients."


Good thing I'm not paranoid. I am however recovering from the odd flu that's hit most of Massachusetts. Yes, laying of Tosci's icecream would help. No, that's not an option. Yes, I'm eating mango sorbet as we speak. Sppth.

No comments: