Thursday, February 17, 2005

Coins make me want to wash my hands

I just paid the cashier at the grocery store my bill of $19.72 in coins. Tee hee.

It's all his fault, the chap at FedEx. He was so nice to me. Said it would be fine if I paid $35.06 in coins. Heck, it's Thursday afternoon. Business is slow.

Because, you know, the damn banks won't change my change. Apparently you can't walk into a bank and demand your metal to be changed into paper unless 'you have an account there'. Daft bastards. Isn't that wot banks do? Deal in money?

Here's a tip - when going to get passport pictures taken at Walgreens to be sent to embassies, don't wear pink. The hideous fluorescent lighting combined with no flash on the eentsy camera they use makes you look magnificiently ugly. Trust me on this one. And we all know that if you look like a convict in your passport pictures, the embassy is going to ask you a whole lotta unnecessary questions. Like the airport security people do. "Are you carrying any weapons?" Yes. I am. I have a hot kalashnikov in my purse. !!! If I was carrying any weapons that I intended to do harm with, I'd hardly declare them at security, now would I?

It's like that chap who walks by you in the parking lot trying to jimmy the lock of your car door with a hanger and asks "did you lock yourself out?". No. I've just washed my car and now I'm hanging it up to dry. Here's your sign.

No comments: