Thursday, February 17, 2005

The taxman cometh

Every year around this time I get frantic. Because I have to file my tax returns and I start panicking about deductions. Last year it was medical expenses and this year it's claiming the Googster as a dependant. I am SO going to get audited. And while filing last year I made it a point to keep my documents and records in a "very safe place" for reference for this year. Now if I could only remember where.

Soundtrack for tax return prep and filing: Zero 7's 'When it falls' album. Played 'In the Waiting Line' about 18 times.

So like I was thinking maybe I'll spend a day/night in London. Tickets cost about the same as a no-stop trip and I'll get to see Beans. That would be nice. Should I? Could I? Hmm.

The problem with being in my situation is that one always has to think twice about making travel plans in case the guilt comes back to slap me in the face later. But as Dad says, "If you're not CEO by the time you're 35, you've missed the bus". Yes, I know this has nothing to do with current decision to stay over in London. I suppose it was another 'Russian Roulette with Knives' moment (cue Con doing Bluto with large moustaches).

No comments: