Sunday, February 13, 2005

Daywalkers and leather - an obvious combination

Do you ever feel like you need to get OnStar? Not only just if you have a Honda. Or even a car. Just in case of, you know, life. They should make cool wristbands with an OnStar direct link. Now I feel inadequately equipped for life.

So I'm watching Blade II for the upteenth time (hey, it's either that or Blue Collar Rides Again, which I've already seen :) ) and Wesley Snipes must be in killer shape for those movies. It can't be easy to kick so high wearing that much leather.

The worst part about applying for B-school is the waiting. Not the research. Not the studying. Not the essays. The waiting. Waiting to see if you're business savvy enought to get into school to study business. And in case you're wondering, I didn't write any cancer stories. That's right. I didn't bull about saving drowning orphan children from a burning Red Cross boat that was whisking them away from civil war. I'm actually conceited enought to believe that my meagre professional experience will render me worthy enough to cough up $100k for the cover charge for the VIP room. I wonder if they have any specials on Stoli.

On an off note, why is it that one will spend all their leisure time with another person, cook with them, share ambitions with them, sit up late nights lying in bed and laugh with them, but will never consider dating them. Because you do realise that after the initial rush of hormones has subsided, the only relationships that are worth investing into are the ones between true friends (whaddyaknow, she DOES have a heart). Then it would seem to me that the one you're looking for has been under your nose all this while. So next time you see your pal, dip him/her and slap on a big fat kiss. The worst thing that could happen is that you'll get slapped. Either way, at least you'll have stirred things up. And that can't be bad.

I've had 8 peanut M&Ms, 5 chocolate chip cookies and a Coke and am running solely on a sugar high. Don't listen to a word I say. I can't be trusted. After my metabolism kicks in all this energy will drag me back to the couch and to Blade. And yes, part I was better than part II but Trinity rocked. I would very much like to get my hands on Jessica Biel's iPod playlist. Wot does one listen to when hunting hybrid vampires?

In my case, soundtrack for this lazy Sunday has been -
Amr Diab - Lyle Nhary
BoneyM - Daddy Cool
Cirque du Soleil - Alegria
Darine - Aiwa
Rachid Taha - Ach Adani
Swami - Hai Meh Marjahn

And I close the day with this quote from Blade II - "What's all this? You tryin' to stink me to death, old man?"

People need to say "You do not know who you are fooling with!" in movies more often. Very retro.

2 comments:

Paresh said...

You know.. considering the actual line is "You obviously do not know who you are fucking with!" "fooling" seems a tad bit tame.. and I bring uncoolth?... flattery will get you EVERYWHERE.

Wolfe said...

It isn't. It's 'fooling'. And yes, I will be petty about it. Sppth. Besides, it's more retro this way.

EVERYWHERE? 'cuz you know you're my favourite person. And I think you're so pretty.