Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I am very pleased

So we went for dinner in Emirates Hills tonight. Where I sat next to a woman in a black salwar-kameez with a faux fur-lined dupatta (veil). I foolishly decided to sit outside by the pool for a while cuz it's a nice night and now i've been bitten again. Damn mosquitoes.

I did get to drive back home. However I had to stick to 80 kmph because Mum was gripping the sides of her seat and hissing sharply everytime a car passed us by. And if you're going at 80 on Sh. Zayed Road, there are a lot of cars passing you by given that the speed limit is 100 kmph. Nice ride the Lexus.

So ask me why I'm so pleased. This is because I've found the mattress I used to sleep on. And I've made my little bed on the floor of the study (much to Mum's chagrin) like the good ole days. And I'm sitting here propped up with many pillows with my laptop on my lap and a song in my heart. Why the song Wolfie, you ask? This is because the BU application is finally complete. The recos are in. The doors have been closed. The committee is under deliberation. Say a little prayer for me.

Right. Look listen, I'm going to bed (but Wolfie, you are in bed). Well I'm going to sleep.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

are fur-lined dupattas in??

Paresh said...

that poor skunk...it gave up it's life and fur so that you could go eat more meat by a pool...

Neha said...

fur? in dxb? in APRIL! I'm so brining my Uggs and Muk-luks on vacation. i've got old school snow shoes, you know like tennis rackets on your feet, those are coming with as well.

Wolfe said...

You people seem to have missed the point of that post altogether. It was to highlight how ridiculous that dupatta was and you ought to be focussing on the fact that I was comfortable in bed. Useless audience.