Tuesday, April 12, 2005

India Trip - Day 6 - Gholvad

Sigh. Have given up fighting the bugs. Decided to let them bite me. Best not to struggle much.

Palghar plans cancelled (was to go for the day to meet distant relatives twice removed cousin by marriage type people). Watching the cricket. It's a wet pitch.

Mrs. Contractor stopped by to give me an English paper. Very glad to have something to read that's not the Bhagvad Gita. Nice woman.

Went bhaji shopping with mami (mother's brother's wife) and was tempted to get some dried fish. Finally decided against it. Wise, I think.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Mrs Contractor the one whose two v tall sons went to the IIT?

Wolfe said...

How should I know?! I didn't ask. Why do you have this piece of information?!

Anonymous said...

You sound like a young, hip person who has nothing but disdain for her family and hertitage, alien as it may seem.

I am 53, snd spent a month every summer from age 5 through 15 in Gholvad - and loved it. I have been back there at least a dozen times since, the last about 5 years ago. And I still love it, mosquitos, spicy mango pickels and all.

Wolfe said...

Hah, shows how much you know. I'm glad you love Gholvad. The part about loving mosquitoes makes me think you're a bit off yer rocker. I like my blud to be inside my body thank you very much. And to suggest that I disdain my family and heritage because I think so makes you reek with the absence of common sense.

You're not one of Mrs. Contractor's two v tall sons who went to the IIT are you?