Thursday, August 04, 2005

It's not funny anymore

It's official. I resigned yesterday. AM took it rather well. He only threw a stapler and a post-it pad at me and banged his fists on the desk and cursed massively. I was a little afraid of being in a closed room with a tall and angry Irishman but I ducked when I saw the stapler coming and that was the end of that.

Actually not quite. He then proceeded to glare and make snide and funny comments all week. Lovely man. Lovely sense of humor.

A.P. took it very calmly. Although telling him myself was the one thing I had asked t. and a. Irishman to let me do but I got stabbed in the back on that one. Prolly deserved it too. C'est la vie as they say. Can't say they'll miss me much.

They did manage to drive me under the desk the other day. Yes, Nooches. Go ahead. Make your jokes. You know you want to.

It's all coming apart at the seams. Every morning I wake up and I feel a twinge of regret about leaving the Agency. Every evening when I stagger back home, I'm bloody glad I'm going. It's even more a mess than Spin was. Which is saying a lot. And I don't know about you, but I've paid my dues. I'm not about to spend another year of my life proof-reading a web developer's content population. Fer Gawd's sake people, how hard is it to check yer werk?!

So like, this has been a mad mad mad week. And the sleeplessness is beginning to show. Baq asked me if I had the pox and I had to explain to him that pimples were a normal part of a chick's life but he didn't quite get it. Hair has also decided to revolt and now pays no heed to product or persuasion. Also haven't seen parents in about 4 days. I really want to go to bed now but I'm afraid the minute I fall asleep I'll have hideous dreams of AM looming over me, growing taller and taller and A.P. turning into the Grinch with green knobbly hands and self exhibiting signs of shaken baby syndrome. Which, in case you were wondering, is wot I dreamt last night. Which is funny 'cuz AM is rather nice and A.P. really couldn't care less. Oh well.

Maybe it's all the fruit I'm eating. Oh yes, you heard me. I'm eating fruit. Almost everyday now. In fact, I haven't had meat at all today. An ENTIRE day without meat. Go figure.

There are so many things to say. I'm too tired. But I don't want to go to sleep. That would be like wasting time. I have homework to do. I should prepare those scholarship essays. I'm supposed to learn an OOP language. And I have to work on my resume. And file those DS forms. And clean the kitchen. And spend time with Dad. And do something nice for Mom. And not obsess about work. And ... and... and...

Tomorrow. It'll all make sense tomorrow. But I haven't slept in such a long long time. Let me go to bed now and I promise I'll make sense of it tomorrow.

No comments: