Saturday, August 06, 2005

Kuch na kaho

So like in a moment of madness I decided not to work today (the audience gasps collectively) and watch teevee instead. Now I don't know if you've had occasion to watch teevee on Sat nights but there are about 18 thousand hindi movies playing. And in mid-zap we catch a glimpse of A.B. jr. and so of course the parents raise a unanimous shout that this should be the movie we see. I find it very frightening that my mother knows inside stories about the Bachchan family. Like who's left-handed and who's not. And how tall (or short) everybody is. And who's married to whom. So anyway, mediocre movie. Too many songs. Too many soppy dialogues. But some quite fun bits. Appalling acting as usual. Lots of nice tissue-paper saris. Almost makes you want to go out to a nightclub wearing a red chiffon number. Almost. Next time the mater and the pater make me meet prospective grooms, I shall question them thoroughly on their views about incarnation. Should take care of it, I would think.

And now, here's the obligatory Abhishek Bachchan image.


In other news, it's M. Night Shyamalan's birthday. Don't ask me how I know this. Live long and prosper, you strange man you. And fer gawd's sake, don't stop making movies. It's the only reason why people read this blog. They stumble upon it while searching for films. Way to drive traffic eh?

No comments: