Saturday, September 10, 2005

Hell yeah!

So like, I think it's finally hit me. I'm in an MBA program at one of the top universities in the world.

Today we had a combined class with all the three sections in 1st year. Had a small leadership exercise and, as usual, Wolfie had to take charge to win and win we did. They all hate me now because I was belligerent and barking out orders but we did achieve the goal and win 5 dozen doughnuts (which is all that counts really). And I think now I understand why they say that the friends you make at grad school are the ones that stay with you for a long long time. I think I made one last night.

And why are the good ones always gay?! 'snot fair. Hmm... wonder if I can convince him to swing my way. Any tips?

Mum's in LR with Black Cobra compulsively cleaning the kitchen. Can't wait till they get here. Miss 'em horribly.

Simply must get furniture today and tomorrow. Maybe even start painting and staining. I have ugly puky green walls that I think I want to turn into two-tone blue and there's an unfinished furniture place around the corner for bookcases and desks and stuff which would work well with a few tins of bright stains. Plus I have windows that need curtains. This setting up house thing is always fun.

Have to read two chapters before Monday's data analysis class. That should be interesting when I'm on a high from paint fumes.

So any ideas for a mural for the bedroom ceiling? I'm feeling Michaelangelo-ish. And don't say abstract. Last thing I need after a long hard day of being a grad student is to come home and lie in bed and have to think about the patterns on the walls.

Have to move classrooms. Too many noisy undergrads in here. Be back shortly.

No comments: