Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I wouldn't mind being a Dish girl

A Texas town with a population of 125 has renamed itself, from Clark to Dish, in exchange for 10 free years of basic Dish Network satellite TV service from EchoStar Communications, Media Life reports. Town commissioners voted Tuesday night to rename Clark during a packed meeting at the Town Hall.

The move is part of Dish Network's Better TV for All campaign. The company announced its plans to find a town to rename in August.
Especially since I've just learned today that my apartment is not wired for cable. So no internet. Just typing those words makes me want to vomit repeatedly. I am understandably upset.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about DSL? That goes through the phone lines - but you know that already ;-)

Wolfe said...

DSL sucks.

But yes, it seems that I may have to get DSL. Blech.