Monday, April 23, 2007

I had a nice weekend

There was the Technology Entrepreneurship Night at BU on Friday where I sat at dinner with this chap who, I kid you not, had the point of view that "third-world countries did not necessarily need as much energy as the U.S... maybe they don't want to be like us". Involuntarily in my head, I spat my asparagus at him. Ashan and I did vehemently oppose that view and I think the servers were listening in because they kept filling up my wine glass. Thank you, by the way. As usual Ashan's views were geo-political and mine were socio-economic and a lovely hyphenated time was had by all. Especially Mattie and Matt who look like they've poisoned the soup or something. Either that or they're very pleased about stealing all the water glasses in the room.

Onwards then to the MBA Spring Gala at the Top of the Hub at the Pru. Click. Go on. Look at the pictures. It's a very nice place.

The party was lurrvley with self actually dressed as a female for once and wot with lurvely compliments and too much Bacardi going to my head, I think I hugged one too many people. Not my fault, I still maintain. My ears didn't pop at the 38th floor like the elevator said they would. There was very little oxygen up there.

But as I say, no such thing as too much hugging. Unless of course you've stopped hugging and started feeling up people. All sorts of wrong people. Not that it happened - I behaved myself impeccably thank you very much - but it could have.

After they kicked us out of there we crossed the street and stood outside Lir for about 30 minutes drunkely swaying as a group which is always nice. They wouldn't let us in. Too many suits in their bar was giving them a bad rep. And onwards home we went.

Saturday was spent mostly in bed recovering from too many Bacardis the night before. I slept at 3:30 am, woke at 11 am and I swear I was still drunk. Pizza was ordered. Back to bed we went. Khan did take me out to a nice gobi manchurian dinner in the evening though and the day wrapped up nicely by going back to bed.

Sunday was uneventful with lots of lolling about on the couch watching documentaries. I did go out for the obligatory sun-soak on the way to a crepes lunch but that didn't last long as I had no sunscreen and for those of you who know me will attest to the fact that more than 80 seconds in the sun and Wolfe starts to crinkle at the edges. Yes, I know I'm brown. Yes, I know I'm not supposed to get sunburnt. Go figure.

It's Monday morning now. I go sailing in 2 hours. Only one class today. Swimming later in the evening before bedtime.

I'm ok now. Thanks to a lot of alcohol, some venting, some wallowing and Khan. I'm going to be just fine.

1 comment:

Lippy said...

I want to try and have a weekend like that soon, just won't happen next weekend :(

Glad you had a good one!