Thursday, December 22, 2011

To both the young and old, time is a distant shore

So here I sit at JFK, waiting to board for Amman on the Princess Salma Bint Abdulla (why didn’t I get a plane named after me when I was 14?!).

There are two BU girls sitting next to me attracting very cute Harvard Jordanian coed bilingual and anti-my-parents-have-so-much-money-but-deep-down-inside-I’m-a-hippy-man attention. It’s so exciting to see the youth of today. Makes you want to alternatively drown yourself and take a Pol Sci class. Then you remember you hate school and move to a different set of very uncomfortable airport seats.

Dinna get to call everybody before I left so if you’re reading this, happy holidays and all that. Blame it on the sucky Seattle trip this week. Did message Jasmine who recommends spicy food at Laal Maas in Amritsar – must remember that – not sure if the constitution can take eating at a place named Red Meat but we shall die trying!

Why do undergrads drink so much Gatorade?

Slept from takeoff to landing from BOS to JFK. Feeling tired and old and dried out and fat. Excitement waxing and waning. Going to read Madame Bovary now.

No comments: