Friday, March 04, 2005

Damn you FICA, hah!

I love tax returns. Takes the sting out of seeing FICA take all my money (and brazenly report it on my paystub). I feel like I've thwarted the government. I tell you, tax returns are a lovely way to feed the inner revolutionist in all of us. The IRS has a brilliant plan - take enough of your money right when you earn it to keep you in check and then give some of it back to you once a year, just when you're considering letter bombs and murder by hanging. BRILLIANT!

Does your Netflix list need updating?

Meshach Silas has left us. The desi funk music world has suffered a great loss. You should have seen this man on stage. He defined the terms 'electric performance'. If you're in the Chicago area, do go to the memorial for me.

Bill Gates is a Knight. Rescuing the world from menial oesses. Brandishing his stylus as he zooms gallantly into the foray battling the dragons of 'Nix.

The Russians are coming! The Russians are coming! What ees dat you say? The Russians are coming?

Ah, capitalism. This is why I love this country. As painful as it may be, capitalism is the only way to go.

Good article on the trials and tribulations of the Olympic evaluation team.

February's Job Report as per BusinessWeek. Encouraging.

Martha, Martha, why won't you just go away?! Psychic goodwill my arse. It's pure capitalism. And yes, I know I'm for it but I just can't stand Martha Stewart. She makes me want to cringe. And it bugs me that the Son of Sam law can be gotten around.

Time for lunch.

Music for this morning - Funkadesi, Afro-Celt Soundsystem - if you ever saw these two bands live you'd understand my obsession with music.

No comments: