Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Glad to be a geek

"iQue. A car navigation system cleverly disguised as a PDA."

"You think your 40-gig iPod rocks?" You ain't met the StorCloud yet.

Oh, and it's 3274km (1768 mi) from Istanbul to Dubai. And the time is GMT+4. Which is US CST+9 without daylight savings. Because we don't use daylight savings. Because it's always sunny in Dubai *smirk*.

This one is for you, Storm. Think you can build a machine that'll pass for human? There's a prize for that. Also check out the Turing Test page.

New York's got the right idea with this yellow arrow guide. But for a methodical geek like me data accuracy is a big question.

Now this is my kinda art. Visual expressions of mathematical functions. Doesn't get any prettier than this. Make your own and if it's pretty, send it to me at steppenwolfe@gmail.com Maybe I'll create a page for them. P.S. the yellow one on the website is a whole lot prettier in print.

Dial-up doesn't seem too slow at past 2 am. I'm sleepless again. The internet is my salvation.

Spy Robot. The doughnut recon mission. I so wish I had one of these while I was at Spin *mad giggle*.

Now this is wot the US should start thinking about. Parents don't get too attached to that leash with which you drag your 2-yr old. The Wi-Fi/RFID revolution has begun. Bloody brillant.

GE's Evolution Series locomotive. Imagination truly at work.

Yes, I know some of these are old news. But I'll bet you didn't know about it.

No comments: