Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Ya zister, no zister

Liz Ryan suggests that business is not mortal combat. There goes my leadership style.

You'll be happy to know that I no longer have to carry around wet wipes to clean my hands every 30 mins. I now carry a small bottle of liquid soap and another small bottle of lotion. My OCD has progressed to such an extent that today alone, I washed my hands 19 times. In the morning. Between 6 and 11 am.

I can't help it. It's getting worse and I know it's just in my head but I can't help it. I'm not afraid of germs or anything. It's just that dusty dry feeling I get on my fingers that bugs the hell outta me. I used to wet wipe and now I soap and scrub. Everywhere I go, first thing I do is scrub. I've got a wireless mouse for my laptop because I can't stand using the mouse pad for more than a few minutes. When we go grocery shopping, I refuse to touch anything. I opened the car door with my sleeve the other day. HELP ME DAMMIT! I can't go through life like this! Eventually, I'm going to have to push my own shopping cart and I may not be wearing long sleeves all the time. Do I get gloves? Is that the answer? Will my fingers be dusty inside gloves too? Aaaaaarrrrrgh.

No comments: