Saturday, April 23, 2005

Toufiq mian! Tashreef rakhiye!

So like I had a very boring day yesterday.

Was up and about bright and early to go grocery shopping at the new Fish Market area (well, it's new to me!) opposite the Gold Souk. Didn't get there. RK called to divert us to the airport. So off we went to the airport to pick up some people we didn't know. Then back to Emirates Hills. Then to Jebel Ali (the problem with riding in limos is that you always have to climb over people to get inside). Then to the Grand Hyatt Hotel for a meeting with a suspicious-looking Sardar. The Grand Hyatt is lovely. Very lovely. See for yourself. (Take a look at all the pictures. You'll be glad you did). Then off to the airport again to drop off RK who's on his way to Beirut (yes, the one in Lebanon) (yes, people actually do go to places like Lebanon and Syria). Then back to Emirates Hills to pick up the car and be dropped off home. 8 am to 6 pm. Driving all over town. S T R E T C H. I could have done that in the limo.

It's not quite as big as the ones we had in Vegas but quite nice nonetheless. I couldn't get the DVD player to work though. So that made for a rather boring day in all.

I shall remember to take the camera out and take pictures next time I'm out and about.

And Vegas got nothing over Dubai.

3 comments:

Paresh said...

Holy buckets dude... it's like I'll have to take 2 months and about 60,000 pictures.

Anonymous said...

The pictures look amazing, okay, so I couldn't get past number 3 of the hotel lobby because so much decadence is making me physically ill.

Am depressed enough to consider quitting and doing locum for the rest of my life in welcare hosp where VIP rooms have tonsillitis patients and everyone is filipino.

Karishma said...

aww. thanks for giving me your heart.. :) im touched..

p.s. who are you? ;)