Sunday, June 12, 2005

Still at work

Waiting for my AM to show up after putting his little tykes to bed so we can continue working.

Went to Noodles downstairs to grab a bite since haven't eaten all day. Ordered a ridiculously expensive appetizer (prawn dumplings) and a ginger ale (that's 30 bucks of my life I'm never going to see again) and I'm still hungry. If you're eating alone, Noodles puts you on the same long table as the rest of the loners and you get to meet some very interesting albeit un-understandable Germans. Noodles should start a dating service. Maybe I'll hit the sushi joint later for another ridiculously expensive bit of seafood. Heyy! Now's a good time to plug in that expense account, eh?

Resh, you were right. I have severe loyalty-itis. Irregardless of which company I work for.

Read links schminks -

UW Biology Center gets a $57,000 copy machine.

Wi-Fi: Pumping up the volume Now THIS is the answer to my current wireless cold spot situation at home.

Welcome to the Gen Y Workplace. Now THIS is wot I'm talking about. Pallavi Gogoi does a brilliant analysis of how corporate America (and indeed the world) needs to understand the needs of this vibrant generation.

I love BusinessWeek's review of gadgets. Check out this Guide to Personal Techology.

Chris Shipley's report on the challenges faced by today's mobile workforce. The numbers are very surprising. I didn't realise that it was that bad.

Marshfield Clinic has embarked on a novel project to match genetic information from Alzheimer's patients with environmental factors that may contribute to the disease. This should be interesting.

Brown Deer start-up wants to serve up foreign film through broadband box. Hmm.. interesting.

Background checks for online-dating websites. I think it's absolutely essential. You have no idea how many crappy people are lurking out there.

Analysis of Social Security private accounts. Does it work for you?

More later.

1 comment:

Paresh said...

Of course I wuz right. What'd you think I was?