Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Can you spot the South Park boys?

NYE was fun. Went to Kataria's house for a big bash. The kids were in the garage smoking suspicious substances and drinking bizzare booze and us normal people were out back by the pool. Self couldn't find the champagne so guzzled down two glasses of Shiraz and then after seeing Mum and Dad on the karaoke realised that I may be driving us home and so switched to apple juice. Which I absolutely abhor.

So Mum and Dad had a good time on the karaoke. Dad was horribly out of tempo and Mum was hideously screeching at one point. But they didn't stop laughing. Which was very nice to see. Also met a snooker giant and had an interesting discussion about souls or passions or something of the sort. I don't remember. I wasn't really paying attention. His eyes were too blue. Very distracting. Besides, Mum had the giggles very loudly at the microphone for most of it.

Then the fireworks happened. I counted 6 sites including the golf club at Emirates Hills with the fireworks directly above us. Very nice.

The drive back home was not fun. There were traffic jams and bad accidents. Don't drink and drive people. It's horrible to die in smouldering flames on the side of the road 30 minutes into the new year.

But one nice thing did happen. Kuttyman called. To say he's getting married. Yep, you read it right folks. That madman is off the market. He's found his martini mallu. Rumor has it that they tie the knot in April. I'm so proud of him *sniff*.


New Year's Day - off to the Kataria's to welcome the new Rolls. Yes, they bought the Phantom and not the Raybach. We spent hours on the damn thing. Pressing every button. Admiring every nut and bolt. I'm so bloody sick of that Rolls. In fact, I was so sick of that damn Rolls that I took it out on Em who lovingly called to speak to me. I miss Em. He's fun.

Then the other day we went to the Dragon Mart which is this huge-ass market (4000 stores) (not all open, stop drooling Black Cobra) where we bought these very cute dessert forks after which we pointed the GPS home and head off. Then we stopped at my favorite place - the Fruit and Vegetable Market - at Al Ibrahimi Restaurant (separate seating for families) and scarfed down some dhaba food, tootled off to the stalls and bought 14 kilos of onions (no seriously) and 72 oranges.

Going for the Emirates Webbloggers Meetup tomorrow (I think) and hopefully also meeting the IProx chaps and chicks. Looks like the Fujairah trip may be off.

Sheikh Maktoum died. The city is in mourning. DSF festivities are suspended. It's quite sad.

I shall now eat a lichee and go to bed. But again, I've forgotten to get my iRiver cable from my suitcase which is in Mum's room and she's asleep and I can't sneak in there to get it to upload more songs on my player because she's going to wake up and think I'm coming to rob her.. or something. My Mum's a light sleeper.

Oh wot the heck, one more night of Mancini can't hurt. See you tomorrow!

No wait! I wanted to say one more thing. Have you ever seen those B4U music videos where they take one song and play a different video on it? I saw J Lo singing Laila Laila. It was quite horrid. But apparently some editor sitting in some back room somewhere has the time, energy, patience and inclination to piece together bits of J Lo's videos to synch her lip movements with desi songs. Very fascinating.

Oo, also had a nice long chat with Artraj. I missed him. He's fun too. Mebbee I see him tomorrow as well. Yay! (Note to self: cannot date Art - he has seen me be sick after night of binge drinking.)

NOW I'm off to bed.

No comments: