Saturday, June 24, 2006

Her sister's coming in the morning. Ding dong the bells are gonna chime.

Why is it that regardless of the culinary options available to Americans, they will still flock to McDonald's?

So like, I'm at O'Hare. Now, I don't know if you remember the last time you were at O'Hare but it's cooler now. I'll tell you exactly how in a minute but lets start with the book I was reading on the flight here.

Tip: When you have a 6 am flight, don't leave the house at 5 am. You get to the airport and they close counters on you and you have to run and apologize a lot. But they were nice about it. Melvyn Menezes was on the same flight in first class. They have hot breakfasts there you know. We should travel first class more often. It is fun.

I finished the book I had borrowed from Em - The Romantics by Pankaj Mishra. It started out engaging enough but then it dragged on a bit and now that I've finished it, I have mixed feelings about it. People's quest for serenity always baffle me. I can't relate to that. On one hand, I think there's someting to be said for the search for peace but on the other hand, if all we had was peace, wouldn't life be a bit boring?

So anyway. The coolness of O'Hare. They now have these huge screens which is nice but then they have the Accenture Interactive Network. It's a giant touchscreen that gives the news, weather, sports headlines etc. Tres cool. This is the sort of thing we should have for the ASF conference. Sadly, while they have wifi, it's not free so I can't dig up pictures or the website.

I've just bought Che Guevara's Motorcycle Diaries and I shall now get some egg rolls from Manchu wok for breakfast, settle in a corner, cover myself with my stolen American Airlines blanket and read.

Flight leaves in 2 hours. See you in Little Rock.

No comments: