Monday, November 13, 2006

"Don't be a waiter. Be a chef." - David Lubars

Lubars and DusenberryLubars popped down to his alma today to speak at Conversations with Comm. The room was packed with Comm. undergrads (mostly girls), all blonde, pig-tailed and Ugg-booted toting Macs and looking seriously creative. It was fun. I love it when creative types give presentations. The slides are much more interesting. I think I'm going to adopt that format for my next presentation. Cream background with black typewriter type, one sentence a slide. Lubars actually plugged Phil Dusenberry's book 'Then we set his hair on fire' (which I highly recommend, btw). very enjoyable.

I'm listening to Alanis Morisette. Only she's not screaming angrily about her tofu turning or having affairs with married men or pimple angst or wotever it is that she usually sings about. This is almost akin to pop. Or is it rock? I can't tell. I'm just in shock of hearing Morizette's voice not screaming maniacally about spoons and other assorted cutlery. Most of it is pretty bad. This one song isn't so bad. Now is the time is the album. Has a certain Flashdance-like element to it. Very 80s.

Saw Borat the other day. Please don't waste your $10 on it. It's a perfectly useless movie.

No comments: