Sunday, March 04, 2007

As seen on TV

What is it about Sunday movies? I've seen Barbara Streisand's The Mirror Has Two Faces and now I'm watching Never Been Kissed and they have this unsettling undercurrent. If you spend most of your life being unpopular because you're a geek, you'll be alone in your 20s and 30s but that will have given you lots of time and opportunity to study hard and do double PhDs and so then you'll be brilliant and still live at home with your mother and then suddenly one day some guy will come up and want you for your plainness and brains and then you'll discover makeup and the gym and become all svelte and sexy and then the movie ends. I mean, is this supposed to make us geeky girls feel better about ourselves?

Yes, I know, I could always switch the tele off but that would mean having to work on my paper and study for midterms and I really don't want to do either.

Oh and I've watched so many of the Space Bag and Proactive ads that I have convinced that I actually need them. I mean who wouldn't want to manage their closet space and have clear skin?

2 comments:

Lippy said...

The Space Bags are a waste. Don't know about Proactive...

One thing: guys that appreciate intelligent women and geeky women just take a little longer to come around.

Ak-Man said...

Jimmy has a point...

...i need me a hot geek! looks and brains and interesting convo