Tuesday, August 04, 2009

But why don't you like Dr. Kapadia's son?! He's nice! He's very nice!

Sam has been found. Well, he was at Zanzibar the entire time and people have gone and brought him back and negotiations have commenced and concluded with him staying under strict stipulation of no drinking. All was smiles then and Pops and RK and friends then proceeded to jump into the pool with glasses of champagne and dance about like hairy midgets. It was simultaneously funny and scary.

Then the parents took a nap after lunch (more like stumbled off to bed in a drunken stupor) and I went shopping for foundation (neutral! I want neutral! this is too dark!) and underwear (XXL, y fronts only). Upon my return, more disparaging remarks were made about my appearance with much hilarity from mater (apparently fat is not only fun it is also funny). Then self was dragged off to dinner at Chetna's house.

I'm too tired to tell you how supremely annoying it was to sit with Screechy Soomi bellowing in my ears and everybody else freaking out about how we're going to get to dinner since none of us know where we're going and how Chopra's been a whining git this entire time and how Hasan is always pottering around in nothing but a towel and Jean is wound up about "that woman next door" and Dad going on and on about how he is always right and everybody is so rich and so on and so on...

I'm going to bed now. We leave tomorrow at 10 am, gawdhelpus.

On a happy note, I did speak to Simon at length today which was nice. And it's not all bad - just bits of it. I have to be more discerning about my vacation partners next time is all.

Kisses to Big D. Tell him about South African wines and their spiciness one day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, I'm sorry, shud not have told u to go to dinner! I thought it would be one of those fancy places with good food.once u r on the ship just ditch everyone big hugs