Monday, August 03, 2009

Hamara haal to theek hai, America ka pata nahin

Children under the age of 13 should not be allowed to fly. That should be an airline rule. That way they can't keep kicking the seat in front of them. I'm just saying.

I packed all sorts of fun clothes. Then I spoke to Black Cobra and she made me repack. Steffy nicely took me to the airport and stayed for a glass of well-deserved wine and dumplings (mmm, dumplings) and as usual I was eons early for my flight. Got to Home Farm Road only to discover that happy stress free vacation is not to be so happy and stress free.

I don't know if you know this but everybody in this group has something wrong with them. Either physically or otherwise. Now mostly, we have it all managed and everything runs along smoothly with the occasional outburst or mishap but this time, all was not well at #10. Sam has gone off the bend. Usually he just goes on the bender and breaks a few things (apparently) but this time he's lost it completely. And Mamu kicked him out. Said specifically, nikal jao mere ghar se types and after two days (and nights) of Sam running out of the house, being chased down dodgy canal paths, police people shining torches in your eyes and saying "wot's all this there 'en?", Sumi running back and forth flapping her arms all frantic, wife all upset and crying, Jean cursing up to high heaven and everybody else in mourning, Sam's gone. Run away. Left home. No one knows where. We last tracked him down to the Green Man but he gave us the slip, called a mini-cab and disappeared. He hasn't been heard of since. Naturally, everyone is very upset and people's appearance on the cruise is questionable since nobody in the family is really in the mood. To make matters worse, Chimney Shalin has retained his bad behaviour which makes both Chopra and Jean curse mightily.

On the plus side, Mum arrived today. On the minus side, the first thing she said to my loud "hello sweetie-pie" when I picked her up at the airport was "oh god, you're so fat". Similar things were said for most of the day and dirty looks were given to me at the dinner table which has of course, greatly improved my stress-freeness so far.

It's nearly midnight now and I can't sleep. I'm also bloody hungry which doesn't help. Sorry for first post to be all dismal and gloom but such is the cloud that hangs over #10 and 12 these days. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Kisses to Little D. Tell him masi will bring him a Norwegian frog soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear...not a good start at all:( d waking up gtg kisses it will get btr